Prev | Index | Next

This photo shows the relocation of the Great Brook tunnel. The raised concrete structure to the
left of the John Deere shovel is the original tunnel built in the early 1920's. The curved tunnel is
the replacement structure. By diverting the brook around the original one, space is now available
for the sunken orchestra pit. Photo courtesy of the Waterbury Development Corp.